Re: Wheels vs.power/ big vs small

Thanks for the compliments.  I was lucky enough to find the wheel and tire
combo used, otherwise I'd still have my old wheels on I'm sure.  When I
first put the wheels on (which are 17x7.5 btw) there were no problems at
all, but the combo of big wheels and large fender gap doesn't really look
right to me, so I lowered it quite a bit with coilovers, and when I did
that I got lots of rubbing over bumps.  So I removed the front splash
shields, got out the grinder wheel and took about 1/2" off the inside
fender lip.  no I'm rub free.  but my car doesn't quite look the same now
that its running on stock 14" p rims.  but its low :)

HTH

Owen
87 16v
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1571