Re: Wheels vs.power

Feenix wrote:

> Am planning on getting 16 inch wheels when tax returns come in. Has
> anybody who has 16inchers noticed a significant power loss? Also who
> makes a light yet affordable wheel? I am more concerned with performance
> than looks so losing any more of my meager power band is unacceptable!

Just my opinion.. but I think you're nuts to want to put 16's on a 'rocco.
It will look silly.  15's are plenty big, "just right" IMHO.  I have 15" BBS
mesh-style rims on mine that came off an early Corrado.. they look JUST
right.  Another consideration - many performance tires are available at
BARGAIN prices in 195-50/15 size.  16's get much more expensive.  And you
definitely don't want the extra weight, as you are already rightfully
concerned about.  Likewise I only have 16's on my GTI, not 17's as are
so popular, especially with the GTI youth.  But they're for show, not
for go.. and produce a horrible ride quality, etc.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA