Re: causes for concern?

>Also, I run around 13 volts on the voltmeter - in the daytime.  At night with

I run at about 13.5 in the daytime, almost 14 when the car is cold.

>my euro lights on, it sits right at exactly 12 volts - which seems too low.

Me too. When I turn on the lights, stereo and interior fan my voltage drops
to about 12. if I turn on my driving lights it drops even more.

I have a fairly new battery w/ about 12.5 volts max. and a brand new 90amp
alternator with new battery cables and a new 6 ga positive alternator wire.
I run the voltmeter off of the battery(relayed) but I ground it on the
instrument cluster. I think that might affect the reading. but i dont know?

>Running the AC and the lights will pull it below that point.  The battery is
>nearly new.  Do I have a charging problem?  The lights are on relays, but
>still
>look kinda dim to me.  Though they are wired up with the city lights
coming on
>along with the headlights (huh?) which may give them a low-brightness look..
>..opinions on this sitch?
>
>Gotta get that suspension squirm checked out.. also will get the shifter
>rebuilt then.. paint job on the horizon!
>
>--
>Kevin Collins
>Huntington Beach, CA
>'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0
>'97 GTI VR6
>--

"If God had meant for us to use the metric system, we would've been born
with ten fingers and ten toes."

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S
      San Diego, CA