Re: Steering column shakes

>Does this mean you're rims are not hubcentric?
>
>Mark . . .
>Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
>Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975
>*BIRTH*SCHOOL*WORK*DEATH*

 I have 15 BBS and the solution was to put centering rings( I
>>think that is what they are called) Waht it is is a ring that goes
>>between your hub and the wheel. It makes sure the rim is centered in
>>the hub (centering does no rely on the wheel bolts). Worked wonders.
>>Smooth sailing since. Good luck.
>>
>>Mark H”usler

Most wheel companies make the center bore of a wheel much bigger than it
needs to be. That way they dont have to make a 4x100 (bolt pattern) 37ET
(offset) 57.5CB (centerbore) for a VW, and a 4x100, 37ET, 54CB for a
Honda (estimates). They can use Hub-centric rings to make one wheel fit
a variety of wheels. When I worked at Auto Addictions, we would give
them away with the wheels- TSW, OZ/Fitti, Speedline, Konig, Kosei, Momo,
and CEC wheels gave them to us free. So if you buy new wheels, and they
charge you for the rings, they might be hosing you for a few x-tra $$$.
I think the only wheels that Don't come with them  are the Niche/Neeper
wheels- the ones that need them the most!  Oh well, if you've got these
wheels, and you didn't buy one of the first 5000 sets of 'Bahns', you've
got bigger problems... These wheels are made SO poorly (and HEAVY!) that
the chrome peels off a couple of months after purchase. Demand went up,
so supply went up and quality went Down...WAY down. Can you believe that
we would FREQUENTLY get a wheel that wasn't even Round? they looked like
they belonged on drunk Herbie! Oh well, I don't care for the way they
look (or how much they weigh), but I'm sure some people do.

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen