Re: [non-scirocco]Accelerating too fast

At 06:04 PM 8/27/98 -0400, Wm. Josiah Erikson wrote:
>  So he gave me a must appear, and I have to go to court on the 31st. I
>dunno what will happen, but I hope I can keep my license. Hmmm.... his
>charge was "reckless driving". I wonder if it'll hold up.

Hey Josiah...
	Sorry to hear about your ticket! That sucks.
	In an effort to brighten your day, remember that me and Shawn Meze got
arrested the night before Waterfest for "Speed Contest".  We both left the
stop light at the same time, and there was absolutely no wheelspin... not
even a chirp out of either of us.  But somehow both of us landed our asses
down at the station in handcuffs.  Not to make light of your situation- but
in case you need a laugh, look at my life! ;)

	(Incidentally, for those of you who are curious), the DA dropped the
misdemeanor charges against me and reduced the ticket to a 64 in a 55; $130
and 4 points. Sounds nice until you realize that with legal fees ($650) the
trip back for court, and all the rest of that BS, Waterfest cost me over
$1200.  *AND* I didn't place.  So, will I be going again next year?
Hmmm... :)
	For the record, I'm not saying what happened to Shawn... he's gotta admit
that if he wantsta.  :)

	Chin up, Josiah... I know it sucks, but you'll get passed it.  Cry for the
judge (seriously) and he'll probably let you off.  Shit, I wish I could
have done that at my court date!   Good luck!
				Jason
				Not-one-fucking-misdemeanor-on-my-record. :)

	Oh, and I can't believe that not ONE person has asked me what the results
of that little $1000 race were.  So, just because Shawn's car is the
fastest, quickest, best looking etc... Scirocco in San Diego, does that
mean that he was the fastest, quickest, etc Scirocco in Armonk?  Inquiring
minds want to know, don't they?  :)