Dead gauges...

Hey-
Since the Jetta I and a Scirocco have a lot of electrical similarities
(more than Jetta/ Rabbit!), I have a question.
I disassembled my gauge cluster to remove an annoying sticker that the
PO put on the Tach, and I thought it went smoothly. I don't think I hurt
anything, I was very careful. But now the h20 temp and the gas gauge are
dead. The OXS light blinks when I first turn it on, too- shouldn't the
oil light blink?
As far as the gauges go, I put a different 'vibrator' (heh,heh, he like
said vibrator! Shut up Beevis.) in it, that didn't work. Now, the
Vibrator might have been bad too (the 'new' one). Thats the only thing
that those 2 gauges have in common, right? If the main ground for the
cluster was bad, the clock or the lights or the Tach wouldn't work,
right? They work fine. Thanks everybody.

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen