$5.99 paint job! (well not exactly...)

I mentioned a few times how I was going to paint my mechanically-brilliant
/ cosmetically-nasty 84 scirocco -- the paint was like, a nasty dull
orange, all faded and was definately in need of a paint job. Before I
commited to the high cost, a cousin of mine recommended I try out this
Mother's California Gold prewax. I went to my hood, rubbed it in nice and
hard, let it dry a bit, wiped it off, and VOILA, its kinda like when you
get out of the shower and wipe that spot on the mirror and its nice and
clear, with all the foggyness everywhere else. I was literally speechless!
Who would have known that underneath all that crap, there was some actually
half decent looking paint! I mean, when you can FEEL a difference from the
"before" (sandpaper) to the "after" (smooth) area, you know its doing
something!

I know this stuff won't replace a $2000 paint job, but it works so well,
that i'm going to save the money I had put away to paint it, and put it
into other things (i.e. go-fast things) since I figure I can get the car
looking pretty decent with just a little bit of hard work.

WARNING: This is not easy work! I did about half of my hood, in no less
than three hours! As soon as you try to cheat and work on large areas, it
doesn't do as good a job... so I figure i'll have the car done by next week
if I work every evening... ugh... maybe a paint job doesn't seem so bad
after all ;-)

Alex Tomic - Monkey #37 -   "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?"
atomic7@home.com - http://members.home.net/atomic7