------------------------------
Date: 8/25/98 7:39 PM
To: Fenton, Shannon
From: ISAAC, NICHOLAS

During cold starts, and sometimes on other occasions my car decides to
make a very annoying, and worrying tapping noise. My car is an 87' 16v
Rocco. The noise sounds like it's coming from the valves or something,
and typically goes away after a little while, or giving it a little more
gas. Common problem ? Is this just a VW Scirocco problem, or is it a
serious problem with my car?