Re: A1 Urethane Upper strut bearings our of production???

At 01:34 PM 8/25/98 -0400, Edward Wahl wrote:
>He claimed that they are no longer made for the A1's, and aren't
>available anywhere, anymore.
>
>These are the ones with the brass-looking metal tops and bottoms,
>mine have white urethane inserts.
>
>Is this true?  Are these gone, or is he lost as usual...

Might not be gone, but very difficult to find.  For the past few years,
people have intermittently reported that they're NLA, then someone says "I
just ordered some yesterday."  Who knows.  They are hard to find.  Autotech
has always been "waiting for more" when I was looking for them.  Shrug.  If
he's feeling cheap, he can just weld a stock one shut - four tack welds
should be adequate, and should'nt get hot enough to melt the grease.  I
always thought about doing that, can't see a reason not to, eh, if he wants
less compliance, that's cheap and easy!  Worth a shot.  Might beat up the
bearing a bit, who knows.  Unless you're really attached to them, sell
them!  Good luck!

I.Mannix