Re: Front License plate

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Robert Bisch wrote:

> I need to put a front license plate on my 88 16v, but I do not want to put
> holes into my bumper.  Has anyone else done this, and if so how?  I have
> an idea to hang it from the bottom of the bumper, but it seems that it might
> not be sturdy enough for high speeds.

Simple solution my friend. If, like me, you have the stock license plate
holder, that bolts under the bumper, all you have to do is *flip* the
holder upside down, and bolt it at the same two holes. You would have to
find longer nuts than the ones you currently have attaching your holder.
Maybe a minor amount of bending of the holder, too, to have it pointing
straight down. Mine has been that way for over a year now and it looks
nice. Not only is it nice-looking, but, if you have a Kamei front
spoiler, also prematurely warns you of impending doom when you are about
to contact a parking curb (the license plate "hits" the curb first and
you know where to stop :-)

Ilias