RE: Baffled oil pans

I bought a baffled aluminum five-quart oil pan (it's a Neuspeed) for my '78
Roc after my first autocross a couple of years ago. A leaking rear main seal
cause me to ruin a new clutch disc when the unbaffled oil got sloshed around
too much. I went ahead and got the windage tray with the rubber gasket as
well. The setup wasn't cheap, but it's gotta help...you carry an extra quart
of oil, aluminum cools faster than steel, and the baffles always keep some
oil under the pick up point. The pan has now been on three different motors
as I've upgraded...the latest is a late-model motronic 2.0 (which came with
the same windage tray, incidentally). I guess it's not the most exciting
upgrade to get, but it actually looks pretty trick :`)

By the way, you don't have to get the aluminum pan to get the baffles. Lots
of aftermarket tuners carry the steel model with baffles (Techtonics, New
Dimensions, etc.)

John Ryland