Re: Compression question

At 10:19 PM 8/21/98 -0400, Wm. Josiah Erikson wrote:
>Just wanted to throw out that my aforementioned Scirocco with 350-360K on it
>burned no oil when I junked it. Compression rings and oil rings are
different,
>so I'm told, so you can have bad compression and still burn no oil.

Yes, but i guess you can make the general statement that oil consumption
goes up as compression goes down... anyone have a problem with that rule of
thumb?

Also, is it possible to have very good compression, and be burning oil? Not
leaking, but burning...

Alex Tomic - Monkey #37 -   "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?"
atomic7@home.com - http://members.home.net/atomic7