Re: Hello Everybody

Welcome, Mr. Gate (is Dragons your middle name?  And if not, why no
apostrophe?)  Anyway, an easy way to check your motor mounts is to put a floor
jack under your engine at the oil pan, and jack the motor up about an inch.
Then, start the car and let it idle.  If the vibration is less or goes away,
you need at least the right side motor mount.

Welcome aboard,
Jim Buck

Trent , Dragons Gate wrote:

> Hi , My name is David , i own a 1980 scirocco mark 1. Its really stock at
> the moment (mostly becauseim 18 and have no moeny). The other day it has
> been making a really lod vibrating sound when ever i take off from first
> , the whole way through first and part of second then it stops vibrating.
> I took it to the shop (imprt place in coalifornia) and they thinkits the
> motor mounts , so tommrow morning im gunna spend 180 bucks to fix the
> mounts , and god i hope that fixes it.
>
> Anyway i was wondering what suggestion you guys have on improving my rocco
> for farily cheap. Maybe things that ABSALUTLEY need to be done to any
> scirocco , ya know ? anyways thanks catch ya guys later.

Need Wheels?  Visit my site at Bahnburners!

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/5211/index.html