Re: Water Injection

I'm guessing that's because some people on the list have no clue what it
is...  so here's a basic rundown (not completely accurate I'm sure):

A small amount of water is injected into the intake system, supposedly
misting in with the fuel (but won't mix, unless it's a very fine mix).
This helps to cool the intake charge, and also raises the octane a bit I
think.  The first place I ever heard about it was old John Deere farm
tractors...  when they were working hard pulling a plow or something,
there was a small petcock the farmer could open to allow some of the
engine coolant (lots of farmers just used water, no antifreeze) to
drizzle into the carburetor.

All in all, probably not worth the hassle on most cars, especially our
mostly street-driven Sciroccos.

John

'87 16v Scirocco
and lots of other stuff