Re: Hood lifts?

 Tim Ebling <tim@surreal.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone, I recently bent my hood rod all out of shape (don't ask
> how), and was wondering if there were any replacement options besides the
> stock rod.  I just called ABD to see if Bonrath still made those neat-o
> power hood lifts for the Scirocco, but they said "no".  Any other ideas?

This similiar thread was on the newsgroup, so (thanks to copy and paste!)
here's what I posted there:

---
Give Johhny Mac Motorsports a call at 1-888-JONEMAC

John is a great guy who I've dealth with due to our Scirocco
cruise-ins here in CIncinnati.  He has a A2 GTi with hood lifts.  I
forget which brand though, but I remember they were around $40 or $50.

Check out this picture:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/3414/sc2-12.jpg

yeah, the Scirocco is the cool part, but what you're looking at is the
Black Gti on the right with the red hood lifts....
------

At the Cruise-in he had not yet fit them to a Scirocco, but was talking
about it.     Feel free to mention I gave you his name.  He'll probably
charge you double, but it'll keep me on his good side <grin>

Greg :)

WEBSITE UP FOR NOW... New site very soon!!
Gregory S. Davis
1985 Euro-Spec Scirocco       http://members.iglou.com/scirocco

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm