Re: Finally found!

I had the same problem. The cause is likely that the cable that runs from the
latches at the bottom of the seat to the handle mechanism that you lift up is
probably broken. As usual this cable isn't cheap from the dealer (esp.
considering it's basically just a piece of thin wire) and again, as usual, not
all MK2 Scirocco seats have the same cables....My solution: find an older
Scirocco seat that works and do a cable swap. I'm sure that fashioning your own
cable and attaching it is a simple process as well. Let me know if you want
more details...

- -Brandon Dove
89 8v Scirocco (soon to be Slegato)