From: VwFrank <fstamand@cmltech.com>
To: "'Mark A Peele'"
<scirocco.gtx@juno.com>,"scirocco-l@scirocco.org",<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: RE: Steering Column Vibes
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 20:42:39 -0400

I had the same kind of problem.  Turned out it was the lower bearing, the

retainer got loose and the bearing fell.  I thought I had to replace the
whole rack! Whou-ou!!!  i'm sure glad I didn't went to the shop, or even
worse, the dealer.  They would have replaced a perfectly good bearing
$$$.
 I just put some strong glue on the retainer and the bearing just want's
groove...

VwFrank