Rear spindle question

I have a friend who is parting out a 198x Rabbit... don't remember the
exact year, but it's like an '82 or something.  He has offered me the rear
spindles off of it, since one of mine is a bit worn.  Does anyone know if
this will swap over?  It seems like it should... I've used the rear
trailing arm off of a Scirocco on a Rabbit before...

I just want to check before we go through the trouble of taking everything
apart

	-David LeDeaux
'80 Scirocco
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/9444/