New 87 Scirocco owner

I just bought a 1987 Scirocco 16V. I paid $800 for
it. It has 82K and it is in better than average
condition. There's a few little things that need
fixing. It's red, AC, sunroof. Did I get a good deal?

I had a 95 Ford Contour V6, 5 speed, but the lease
was up and it was too expensive to keep. NY City
insurance is high (speeding tickets don't help either).

Could you guys put the kind of car you have next to
your name when you post these.

Thanks, Mike 87 Scirocco 16V.