From: "Scott F. Williams" <sfwilliams@worldnet.att.net>
To: Mark A Peele <scirocco.gtx@juno.com>
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: 2.0 is a go!
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 08:00:02 -0400

The difference with the euro 16vs is the intake runners which are bigger
in
diameter (50mm?) and the intake cam which has a higher lift and longer
duration. I also believe that the originals had no knock sensors but had
larger
airflow plates in the airbox.

Mark A Peele wrote:

> I'd like to know what the diff is on the later 2.0 16Vs in euro - which
> are rated 145-150hp -stock.
> ************
> Mark . . .
> Scirocco 1982, 1978 (Kristen's)
> Golf GT 1987; Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975

Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut
Hotrod Rabbit GTi
SCCA PRO Rally driver

"Next event is Summer Maine Forest Rally on July 30th & August 1st.
- -Sideways
at 70mph down the gravel/dirt logging roads of Western Maine."