(Warning! Technical Post!) Auto to 5spd Conversion !!!!!!

I'm thinking about trying to convert a golf that I just
bought for $250 (bad auto tranny) over to a 5 spd. Can
anyone tell me how difficult this is? (without telling me
about some urban myth/horror story) I have access to all the
materials I need. I am only considering this because the car
I bought is cleaner/nicer than my gti. (sob..)

Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

- -Noah
- -87 GTI 8v
- -83 16v Cabrio
- -89 Golf 4d
- -looking for a 'rocco  (Hey, what happened to ol' JR?)