Re: Lighting

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Noodles wrote:

> don't get your hopes up. my oil temp guage light has worked intermittently for
> over 2 years. anyone have any suggestions?

If you slap the gauge and the light comes on/off, then it certainly is a
flaky connection :-).
Take off your gauge, and look at how well and snugly the bulb holder's
leads are connected to the power/ground wires coming there. Take them
off, put them back on.
Wouldn't hurt to put a new bulb in there while you are at it --that is
assuming you have the newer style bulb-holder, the one where you can
replace just the bulb and not the holder.

Ilias