2.0L baby!

Alright, alright... the time has come.

I'm heading cross-country from Vermont to Lake Tahoe on August
19th. I have to be there for DIS-Orientation on the 24th.

Piece of cake right? Yea, except for the fact that lately I've
noticed my car isn't as peppy as it used to be.... and WHAT
THE HELL IS THAT SMELL?!

I took it in today and told the mechanic to just "go over the
whole car and tell me EVERYTHING you can find wrong with it".
He looked at me and asked me where the hell I got the euro
lights/bumpers from and then he offered to buy them. I laughed
and told him there wasn't a chance in hell.

I get a phone call a couple hours later and this is what he's
come up with. (Brace yourselves).
left strut mount bad
right front tire bald on inside edge
alignment
v belts (3)
4 brake rotars
left ball joint
left inner tie rod end
left inner cv joint boot torn
right outer cv boot needs reclamping
right rear wheel bearing is lose
back up lights out
engine front seals leak
head gasket leaks oil
valve cover leaks oil

Yikes. so... I've got 198k on my 86 16v and now the head
gasket, front seals, and valve covers are all leaking... Pay
$700 to have them fixed, just so that my car can find a NEW
spot to leak out of? I think not.

They've got a 2.0L I can put in w/ 45k on it and they're
asking $650. Fair price?

Let me know.. Also, I've got a friend that can do engine swaps
like he ties his shoes, but if someone could point me to a
site that details swapping a 1.8 86 16v w/ a 2.0 16v I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks in advance, any info or advice is appreciated.
Later,
Carl