Re: stereo woes

It is has a fuse box on it. And it is disconnected from the end that i
want to thread through the firewall.  but the box won't fit through any
hole that i see or can reach...

Steve STalcup
'88 16V
On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, John Van Vuren wrote:

> It's not a good idea to have the wire already connected to the
> battery...  it's possible that when shoving it through the firewall, etc
> it could short out (you do have an inline fuse near the battery, right?)
>
> I always run the wire, then connect to the battery.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> John
>
> '87 16v Scirocco
> and lots of other stuff
> website - http://www.prod.net/jvanvuren/vw.htm
>
> Stephen Stalcup wrote:
> >
> > I have decided to install an extrenal amp into my '88 16v and i am having
> > some wiring problems. Is there a good way of running a wire from the
> > battery to the back of the car? I have seen this done before but I do not
> > remember exactly how this was done. I already have the wire attached to
> > the + post on the battery.
> > any help would be much appreciated
> >
> > Steve Stalcup
> > '88 16V

     Oh what can I do when you break my heart in two,
     Oh what can I feel when you break my heart in pieces.

					Count Ronald Martin
					The Electric Joy Toy Company