Re: stereo woes

It's not a good idea to have the wire already connected to the
battery...  it's possible that when shoving it through the firewall, etc
it could short out (you do have an inline fuse near the battery, right?)

I always run the wire, then connect to the battery.

Hope this helps

John

'87 16v Scirocco
and lots of other stuff