From: Kevin <aventari@cts.com>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: A3 2.0L swap into a Mk1
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 10:52:52 -0700

	A guy I know down here swapped a 'bubble block' (I think. It
may've been a
Tall Block) into his 84 Rabbit GTi.  It fit well, but he had to chop out
about one square inch of the top of the rain tray part to get his
throttle
linkage to fit. However, the Scirocco _shouldn't_ have this problem
seeing
as our cars have a longer nose.
	He's thinking about bolting on a crossflow head to the 2.0 block,
but I
think that would be a LOT of work. He claims it just bolts right on
however, if you use the New Beetle head! That's right, he said that the
New
Beetle has the intake on the drivers side! yeah!
Jim Buck??

At 10:10 PM 8/4/98 -0700, you wrote:
>           I would appreciate hearing about any experiences anyone has
had
>with  this. Thanks!   Steve Roth '78 Scirocco project

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S
      San Diego, CA