The uGLI Saga continues

(Dr. Nick voice) Hello Everybody!
The uGLi is Alive, thanks to all of your help. Now, I get to do the fun
stuff, like make it work right.
HEre's some stumpers for ya....the gauges worked before I fu**ed with
the car and now I don't have a gas gauge or a H20 Temp gauge. I replaced
the 'vibrator' (huh, huh....like, he said vibrator!) on the back with a
good one, and it didn't work. The connections look good... Oh yeah, the
OXS light flashes instead of the oil light- go figure...

My fuel distributer isn't buzzing- shouldn't it be? I still have yet to
bring it to the local race car guru to have him do a valve adjustment
and a tune.

the brakes feel like the brakes on the beetle. Very firm-like they're
un-assisted! When I shut the car off, with my foot on the brake, I can
hear an audiable HHHSSSSSS and the pedal rises slowly, even with average
foot presure.

I installed a radio (I was excited, I haven't had a radio in a car in 2
years!) and I hooked the switched power and the constant power leads
from the radio to the constant power radio lead to the car. After it was
hooked up, I was adjusting the sound, and the multi plug fell out of the
back of the radio. It wasn't in all the way. When I put it back in, it
didn' twork, so I checked the fuses. The cars fuse was fine, but the
radio's glass fuse was blown. I put another in and the radio lights up
and plays tapes but no sound from the speakers, just 1 click upon
turning it on. The head is a Pioneer Detachable face from about 5 years
ago (its been on a shelf for 2), the speakers are 6.5" Pile Driver
co-axials. This should have been easy...could the amp have blown? I
don't think that it grounded itself out...

Thanks for any suggestions...not a rush though.... I'm finally on the
road again....The 58s engine comes out tonight!

CHRIS
http://www.spredhaus.com
58 ragtop
84 uGLi