4whl disk proportioning?

B. Honnold wrote. . . . .
"I have heard of some (on the list maybe) who have added the rear disks and
not upgraded the fronts who have been able to skip the proportioning
valves.  I believe that this is due to the internal proportioning of the
older M/C."

I did the above (85GTi rear disks on an 82 Rocco) with no change of brake
proportioning or M/S everything worked out fine. I think that if I wanted to
add rotors bigger than 9.4 in front I would need to add the prop. valves.

BTW does anyone know what size the master cylinder is on my car? (1982)
TIA
Nate