Re: p700-z

In a message dated 98-07-31 11:47:58 EDT, pmarshal@uoguelph.ca writes:

<< Anyone have any experience with Pirelli p700-z's? There is a dealer near
 me selling them super cheap, I guess cuz they're discontinued, plus I have
 a discount there. I would be getting 195-50-15's for my BBS rs'.
 I guess they're not a very technologically advanced tire compared to some
 modern ones but I gather they were good in their day.

I've had mine for 2 years now(8-2-96), approximately 4000 miles.  195/50x15 on
6.5" rims.  I like them.  Previous to that I had P7s.  They seem to have
better grip than the P7s and don't complain(tire squeal) as much when pushed
hard.  Yes, they have stopped making the P700-Z's and dealers have been
clearing them out for the last 2+ years.  The wear rating is a little low but
that means the grip potential is higher.  They actually have the same wear
rating as the P7's and my P7's had 59,000 miles on them when I changed to
P700's, with a few thousand on them still.  If I have anything close to the
same service on the P700's that I had from the P7's, I'll be happy.  I have
always been a Pirelli fan and probably always will.  I paid $74 a piece,
unmounted,  when the prices started falling.

Good Luck.

 -dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner