Kevin McGrath <kevin@pelican.net>: Is is filter just a filter?

Stick with Bosch
 . . . Mark
Scirocco 1982, 1980S (dying), 1981S (RIP), previously 1975TS, 1975
From: Kevin McGrath <kevin@pelican.net>
Subject: Is is filter just a filter?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 19:57:41 -0400

I too have had the idle problems many of you describe. I was thinking of
changing the fuel filter to see if it helped. My Fuel filter has never
been changed and I've had the car for 2 years or so. WHo knows if its
ever been changed since 1987.

Anyway I went to a local parts store and they tried to sell me a WISE (I
think) Fuel Filter it looked a little different  than whats on my 16V. I
figured before buying this filter I would ask the lists opinion. They
wanted $22 I think. Do I need a BOSH or whatever brand VW uses or will
any filter be as good?

Also is this strange my idle drops if I put the car in neutral and
release the clutch. I was thinking of selling my scirocco and GTI since
I can't legally drive them right now but I think I'm just going to hold
on to them both untill I can devise a scheme to drive legally again. In
the meantime I'll just work on getting my Scirocco 100% its about 95%
now.

--
Kevin McGrath
Value Systems