What's so special about Radiator hose 16V

IHello All,
	I burst the upper radiator hose on my 87 16V. The dealer quoted a price
of 205 $ ! I checked at other auto stores and they claim they have them
for 6 to 10 $.

So what is so special about this dealer hose? I talked to my mechanic
later and he said the 16V have special hoses not available anywhere.

Is this true? Any help is appreciated. Is there another VW part place
whare I can get anything cheaper than the ridiculous 205 figure.

Thanks

	Pushkar