Re: wipers

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 12:57:49 -0500 (CDT) Ilias Glavinas
<elias@tesla.wustl.edu> writes:

>My, admitedly simplistic, thought is that the single wiper arm would
need
>a higher operating frequency to wipe the same amount of windshield
>surface than the dual-wiper system. So, unless the single wiper arm can
>rotate more quickly, I think it is logical to believe that the
dual-wiper
>assembly is more effective for what it is supposed to do.

One of the best wiper systems I ever saw was on a Mercedes benz. It was a
single wiper arm too! It was one trick piece of work in that it came out
from under the cowl and it was long as to reach the end of the windshield
and a s it went up, it was on a sort of cam where it would retract down
so the top of the wiper blade stayed on the windshield and the bottom of
the blade swept the little area that most wipers leave the half pie shape
in. Then it moved back up again to sweep the drivers side of the
windshield and repeated. It was very trick, even if it was only a simple
stupid wiper arm.

>> oh and the " stone-guard thingie on the driver-side wiper" is actually
>> meant to add pressure on the blade at high speeds to keep the blade
>on the glass . . .
>
>Yeah, yeah, so I goofed up, so what?   :-)

Just tell them to get a good lawyer...... :-)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and