From: "steve theodore" <theodore@mail.wsu.edu>
To: "scirocco list" <scirocco-l@privatei.com>
Subject: Damn Nissans
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 22:44:09 -0700

Like most, I'm always wary of Honda drivers but I wasn't prepared for
this.
 I was waiting at a stop light when a non descript two door sedan pulled
up
next to me.  I figured "big deal" and when the light turned green I
accelerated away pretty quickly.  Well, that guy really picked up the
pace
and went by me so I thought "what the hell" and got on it hard in second
gear.  Much to my chagrin, I could not pull even with him.  All I saw was
SE-R logo and the Nissan symbol.  That thing could go!  I'm sure I made
his
day as he pretty much had his way with me but my only consolation is that
the car looked a bit modified (exhaust anyway).  My 16V is all stock as
far
as the drivetrain is concerned.  So, watch out for these SE-R things
unless
you're prepared to go hard!

Additionally, I keep seeing the long block and short block being talked
about.  Is a 1.8L 16V a short block?  Just curious.

Steve Theodore