Re: First gen wheels (Turbine wheels)

Message text written by SHAWN C MEZE

> Maybe I ought to look for someone who carries Ronal and see if they
>still make the knockoffs?

Maybe? I dont even know of anybody who sells Ronal wheels. GL!

>Thanks Shawn, I had seen the pics of Tim's car before and thought
>they looked a lot like my wheels.  Now to find some.

>Sure thing Rick. One more thing about these wheels. As far as I know,
>they came on Audi's only. The problems with this is that there are 2
>different bolt patterns! there is a 4X100mm bolt pattern and a 4X108mm
>pattern. If you get the 108mm pattern, they wont fit a VW! Measure
>closely! Also I think they came in both 13 and 14 sizes.
>HTH! (as always!)>

>Shawn Meze

There are some more versions of this wheel. There is a 5 lug (Audi Turbo)
and 4 lug version of a 15"
Check them out. They did come on some GTi's in the late 80's. I like the
look of this wheel.
There are three nice 14"ers in a Long Beach junk yard on a Audi 4000 S. I
bet they will go fast.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco