leistritz exhaust

---"Gies, John" <JGies@skandia.com> wrote:
> 	interested in your Leistritz exhaust installation.  did peoples
> do this for you?  i would like to put in a low restrict (but emission
> legal) system from the block back, but am afraid to get in there
myself
> (inexperienced) and am curious about the cost of having someone else
> doing it.
>
> 	any info is appreciated.
>
> 	-john
> 	jgies@skandia.com
> 	'88 16v Alpine White

People's Auto did all of the work on the car. I bought all of the
parts myself and then I brought them in and the did the rest. The
exhaust was about $320 from German Parts Restoration and it took the
guys about an hour and a half to install the whole thing. One thing I
like about the setup is the sound. I have heard that some Leistritz
sound pretty loud but mine is very mellow, that is until I slam on the
gas then it makes a nice sound :)  Also the whole exhaust is black
with a nice shiny black oval tip, but it is not the size of a coffee
can; i.e. any loud and ugly exhuast usually found on Hondas. Hopes
this helps you out...Greg.