sunroof troubles

I have a few questions about sunroofs.  My 85 Scirocco came form the junk
yard with a nice hole in it  roughly 18.5" X 36.5".  I  have found two
sunroofs to fit this hole.  One a
single piece glass type with rotten seals, the other is a 'T' suroof. It's
the one I currently have in the car.  I don't like it.  It's ugly as all get
out, sits about 1" above the roof line, looks like crap going down the road
and the seals are failing  --  found out the hard way last night.

Does anybody know what is involved in putting a factory sunroof in?  Cutting
out the roof, welding and bondoing back in?  Has anyone done this?

I can't find a suitable seal for the other sunroof.  I made one -- it leaked.
 Any ideas on a seal?  I've checked parts houses, RV places, JC Whitney, and
even fabricated one out of weatherstripping to no avail.

I would really appreciate any advise or help.

Thanks
dave
85 Scirocco