Re: "A. Bjorkheim" <andreb@u.washington.edu>: Re: Euro-Bumpers?

> I thought they lowered it from 5 to 2.5 mph a few years ago (bump
> standard).

     Hmm, I still think it is 5mph...  Ever seen them perform the bump
test on SUV's?  They sucked, and that occured at 5mph if I am not
mistaken.

> anyway, in reality state officials spend very little time looking at
> bumpers. i don't think you'd have any probs (i have several friends here
> in md with euro bumpers  - no probs)

     I dont think too many know of Euro bumpers.  I sent in pictures to my
insurance company to get my paint covered and they noticed many things
about the car except for the smaller Euro bumpers.  I have them on my 79
and have yet to get bumped, but then again I dont have any plans to get
bumped from behind either  =)

  Andre'