3 sec buildup and resistance value

Dear Fellows:

All of my previous VWs had a 3 second fuel pressure buildup when you turn
the ignition key. My '87 8V does not. Is this a problem, or did this change
at some point?

Last, what is the resistance value of the heating element voltage
connection for the control pressure regulator, aka warm up regulator? Mine
reads 12 Ohms. If no one knows, I would be eternally grateful if someone
could measure theirs.

Thanks for your help!
Paul Hanley