Gated shifter info

A few people have asked me for info about this thing, and for info about
this "mhw" place that sells them.  First, about the plate itself.  From the
looks of it the tines that separate each gear position don't actually come
into play at all - it looks like even when the shifter is as far forward or
back as it will go, it doesn't reach the tines.  Basically I think they're
there just for show.  And in the picture of the installed plate they show a
boot coming up through the hole (to hide the fact that the 'gates' are
there for show only?).  Still it does look pretty cool.  Price is 99.95
D-marks.

As for mhw, judging from their catalog they're an accessory retailer like
D&W but on a smaller scale.  They sell the same sort of stuff; tacky
decals, keychains, doorlock pins, etc as well as 12 different types of side
marker lights and guage faces in any color and style you can imagine.
Phone # is 0201/408068, fax is 0201/409300.  Address is Ludgerusstr. 1,
45239 Essen, Germany.