very little technical content, some discussion

Hi Gang-

There's a question at the end of a bunch of unrelated topics-

Saw one of those Volkswagen campers this weekend, too.  Could have been
anywhere between Corning, NY and Worcester MA, though.  (Labor Day trip)
Looked pretty cool, trying to talk my wife into a Eurovan instead of a
Iaccoco-mobile.  Can anyone help me?

I did get to drive Dad's 20V Quattro 90.  Don't rush out to replace your
Scirocco with one.  There REALLY great cars, and the AWD is awesome in the
snow and rain (I have a Subaru wagon and a third kid on the way, see
above).  The Audi is quite a bit softer than our cars.  5 cylinders do
sound different from anything else.  Of course, when he goes to sell it,
I'll try to get it...

On another note-

Ryan Schuermann wrote:

> non scirocco related...
>
> I love those new BMW tv ads..

        I don't remember which Bimmer ads I've seen, but they got some
thoroughly kickin tracks in the background.  A little drum n bass (just
a touch), but basically stuff that you want to have on at about 155dB
whilst driving upon those open roads :)

jason
87 16V

Jason- Blasphemy!

Those open roads are for listening to your exhaust echoing off the trees!
How dare you cover that sound with music? (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)  I
guess I still shift by ear too much.  Took the really long way to work this
morning.

Hey- two real questions-

Since I don't race my Scirocco, I'm not sure my inside rear wheel has ever
been off the ground while cornering.  But I'm not sure.  When it comes
down, is it a thunk, or (as I imagine it) does it just settle in?  I've had
Rabbits before, I can't imagine that I've never done this.  You folks who
race, could you fill this neophyte in?

I've tried Mother's Back to Black now on my bumpers to make them black
again.  To anyone who's used it:  Does it take several applications to get
the black permanent?  Am I 'tuggin on Superman's cape' (remember Jim Croce
and the next line?)  Is this a losing proposition?  I thought this was one
of the good ones from an earlier discussion.  The car looks awesome, except
for these bumpers, and when I park near a Corrado (I've got serious envy).

Slainte

        -Ed.

84 Scirocco