Re: Springs

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, pete&marcia wrote:

> I use Neuspeed race springs with adj. Koni's and I don't suggest using
> them on the street. (a bit harsh) The Koni's would be great for the
> street with a softer spring. Also use Tokico HP's with suspension
> Techniques progressive rate springs which is a good combination for the
> street.

Interestingly enough, I find NS race springs pretty decent for the street -
I guess everyone is going to have different tolerance levels for that.  I've
been running with coilover Eibach springs (2.5", 350lb f, 500lb r - quite
a bit stiffer than the NS stuff) and I can generally handle it, but only
because I can keep telling myself "it's for autocrossing...".  What
really killed my ride recently was camber/caster plates...

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/