Re: '88 16v -- Hello! (and thank you)

Chris Zamara wrote:

> Wow! I am overwhelmed by the helpful and friendly advice to my initial
> message. I thought with all this talk of engine swaps and suspension mods,
> my humble A/C and sunroof problems could have been easily ignored,

Not really, those are the only problems I can afford to fix, the ones
that I can fumble through myself.

> >From Dan:
> > My sunroof is just starting to jam up now.  Take a look at it from the
> > top when you try to turn the lever and maybe you can see where it's
> catching.
> >
> > I can open mine now by putting my arm out the window and pressing down
> > on the front left corner of the sunroof while turning the lever.  There
> > is some special lubricant (silicon, maybe?)  that you're supposed to use
> > on the sunroof, too.  It's in the Bentley.

I use Marine Grease on my sunroof, I like it but when it gets hot its
gooey and if i leave the roof open the girlfriends cat likes to play in
it spreading greasy waterproof kitty prints all over, i'd try graphite
or the likes next time.

> >From Shannon F:
> > As for the sunroof,... Does the crank turn?
> Yes, the crank turns but it only goes so far before the sunroof goes
> crooked and jams.

In the bentley it tells how to use the adjustment screws, ill dig it out
later tonight.

> Thanks for the detailed info on the A/C relay. Again, I will get a Bentley
> manual!
>
> Whew! Sorry for the long message, but I wanted to acknowledge and reply to
> everyone who helped. I'll let you know the outcome of these problems in the
> hope that it can help someone else.

This list has saved me so much money it unbeleaveable, plus its good to
havea place where you can say "My name is Shannon, and I love my
Scriocco" and you are in good company.

shannon
87 16Volt