Window install help.

> Hey I caught your story bout' the breakin. I have a good window, and
> want to install an older 82 glass set (the one that sez SCIROCCO)
> and wondered about the install.
>

> Let me see, you just put the glass in the gasket on the outside, and
> pushed it in???
>
> You re-used the same gasket? Does it leak at all?

Yes, I re-used the same gasket.  It dosen't leak whatsoever. I assume you're
putting in the huge rear window that says "Scirocco" under the wing & all the
windows......  It should go in the same way.  Make sure your gaskets are in
good condition, and clean them well.  If you're really concerned about leaks,
you can get a (large) tube of window sealer at your local auto parts store.

  Let's see;
-put the gasket around the glass.

-slide the bottom edge of the window/gasket onto the window-lip, making sure
the gasket is properly mated to the frame.

-have a helper hold the window, and then simply pull the edges of the rest of
the gasket through, and into place.  This will take quite a long time, and will
be hard on your fingers, but have patience and it will all settle into place.
The corners are REALLY fun :)

HTH
Chad Ptasinski
1985 8V Scirocco