Rocco CD

mp3's are surprizingly good quality, especially when recorded in stereo at
44kHz.

The quality (to me) is not distinquishable from CD, if you're recorded
well. I've got a CD of 183 MP3 songs, providing over _14_ hours of playing
pleasure.

Unfortunately, the format used in audio CD's that our CD players are not
of high a "density" (ie. the way the songs are written to the CD is not as
efficient). So, we'd not be able to stack 180+ songs on one... but if I'm
wrong, someone please say so, I'd LOVE to have that many to play on my
stereo.

Oh, and to continue on w/ the quality bit: I've got my computer piped
through my stereo amp and at high levels, the MP3's sound excellent.

A good site to search for MP3's to create our 'rocco CD is:
http://www.lls.se/~holmen/mp3search.html

You will love it! :)

Good luck to whoever is organizing this whole thing?? ;-)

~(Anonymous)

On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Kevin McGrath wrote:

|>From what I understand MP3 IS CD quality, but it only plays on a computer not
|regular CD player. You would have to convert  it to a wav file before recording
|to a regular CD I would guess.
|
|A friend of mine has lots of MP3 files and says you can make a CD-ROM to listen
|to on your computer with about 150 songs on a CD. Wouldn't it be cool to have
|an Audio CD with 150 songs.

|with your request (subscribe, unsubscribe) in the BODY of the message.

     Christopher Mende             ICEMT         O: 515-294-6738
     www.icemt.iastate.edu           @           F: 515-294-5531
     bayern.me.iastate.edu    Iowa State Univ    H: 515-294-6658