Rear Deck solution

Rear Deck solution:

I'd like to run this idea past you guys on the list...

As mentioned by numerous ppl here, their rear deck is falling apart, and
rubber straps have long since busted.

I've contemplated getting 1/2" plywood, painting it w/ black latex,
cutting speaker holes and covering it w/ automotive carpet. And since you
don't want it cracking in half, it's easy to get ahold of L-shaped
aluminum bars which would be easy to drill and attach as supports from
below.

What ya'll think??

As for replacement straps, wouldn't it be possible to fashion something
out of nylon, or something similar?

~C

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Night Shadow wrote:

|On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, richard fenton wrote:
|
|> How about those cords which attach to the back deck? The ones that
|> connect to the hatch? Are you going to Bogart the only reflector or are
|> you taking bids? If you swing it right I think you could have bidding
|> war on your hands. Maybe you should have Christie's auction it off.
|> Sorry to keep pestering you. There is only one scirocco within 2 hours
|> of me that is in a salvage yard. It also just happens to be one of the
|> three only scirocco that i have seen in iowa, but boy do we have pigs
|> and corn!
|
|Naw, the reflector has been called for and money is on the way, I didn't
|want to get into a bidding war any way, the thing wasn't perfect....
|
|As far as the rear deck cords...they rear decks were missing or cords were
|broken...(I was looking for a good rear deck myself...)
|

|Eric

|--
|To subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to scirocco-L-request@privateI.com,
|with your request (subscribe, unsubscribe) in the BODY of the message.

     Christopher Mende             ICEMT         O: 515-294-6738
     www.icemt.iastate.edu           @           F: 515-294-5531
     bayern.me.iastate.edu    Iowa State Univ    H: 515-294-6658