Re: [tech] help-building a 2.1L 16v

>16v makes for a nicer looking engine. The only thing is..i want
>300hp at the minimum.  I've shopped and called around and come
Wow! Not too stick my limited knowledge too far out, but that seems like a
lofty goal for that engine base. Maybe after way tuning, nitrous might get
there for the short bursts, but....

I read in a Golf tuning magazine from England (I think its called "Golf")
about a 2.0L base 16v bored out to 2.2L, and really worked: custom Weber
ignition, dual throttle bodies, yadda yadda yadda....and it only reached 197hp
(I don't remember the exact figure). This engine didn't have a
super/turbocharger, though I wouldn't suspect that wouldn't provide another
100hp....

Keep us posted!!

Rich
'87 16v