Re: Techtonics power module (and G60 16V update)

> Has anyone tried one of these yet? There's an article about it in the Nov.
> EC. 11 hp for $125 looks tempting. Of course, you need to be above 5500
> RPM before the module kicks in. Other than a K&N, my engine is pretty much
> stock.
>
> Dan
> --
Well for one thing, I'm glad I don't have to go out and design the
box anymore cause techtonics has done it for me...  for my
G60 16V project I will need WAY more fuel at the top end and I was
going to do the same thing they did, only have the adjustment
available in the car.  The idea is not too complicated at all if you
know electronics, just finetuning it is a bit of a problem.

as for the G60 update,  the car is back after being fixed from the
fire.  The knock sensor computer is fried and I'm running with a
basic early electronic ignition sysem (no advance).   I have a 2"
custom built (by me) stainless exhaust system now but no O2 sensor
installed yet.  Once I get a new computer and get the knock sensor
box, I can actually set the mixture and timing and everything also so
that I have a good base to start the project with.  I bought the
special oil line to supply the G-charger with the right pressure oil,
and I've got an Audi intercooler as well.  I'm pretty sure that I
will need to move the rad forward to get the g-charger in and fit all
that plumbing as well. I've got the battery in the trunk with 4gauge
wire to the front to get some more room up front as well.

The layout is already figured out.  I have the airflow sensor/fuel
dist.  on the drivers side, which will feed into the driver's side of the G-charger
intake.  The output will go into the intercooler which will probably
sit on the passenger side between the rad and the headlights.  From
there its a straight shot into the GTI 16V intake which has the
passenger side throttle body.  Boy thats alot of plumbing. I'll probably
use as much 3" ABS pipe as possible or stainless steel 2-1/2".

If anyone has ideas or comments or questions, email me at
bbeacock@uoguelph.ca

Ben