Re: scoop

HOTGTX@aol.com wrote:

> Hey
>
> I make a small intake for mine.  it mounts under the front sill.  Its
> actually the intake off of a ford 302 pickup.  I works great.  I haven't had
> many problems with bugs.  It poured rain today.  No problem.
>
> Will the servos open under the pressure of wind against them
>
> later
> dave
> 85 Scirocco

I think they will. I plan on putting one on either side of the door.
They are of a R\C helicopter swash plate. But it may come down to
opening it while at slow speeds. wouldnt it be great if i could wire up
something like the switch that runs the corrado spoilers so it would
open at a specific speed. Sorry dreaming. I have yet to put the scoop on
the car, today I was wondering though the mouth is 8 inches across and
it narrows to about 4 inches, is this going to be a problem? The depth
stays the same at 1 inch till it gets to the stock input line. Another
problem; should i just leave a passage to the stock intake open so when
the door is closed it has a source, but at the same time when the door
is open wouldnt the extra ram-air pressure just bleed into and out of
that same opening? Anyway ill try to get enough time to try to fininsh
the scoop minus door and get it hooked up this week. Thanks for any
input.

shannon
87 16V