Re: Fuba

John Van Vuren wrote:

> As long as someone else brought up the subject, I have a few questions
> about my Fuba on my '87 16v.  It's not working worth a dime.  I've read
> the threads in the archives, but they seem to be geared towards
> Corrados.  What's the easiest way for me to get to the underside of
> mine?  It looks like it would be a real pain to get the headliner down.
> Is there a way to remove the antenna from the topside?  Just so I can
> check connections for corrosion, etc (which I guess is a common
> problem).  Thanks in advance.
>
> John

This is one of the things that will be in my 16v FAQ.  I have done it
and it isn't hard,  It was awhile ago but heres how I remember it.

1> Remove Hatch gasket

2> There should be a metal rod sewn into the headliner that
is held in place by metal tabs every 7 to 8" (I think)
Bend them out so you can pull the liner down.

Thats it I think, anybody else want to give it a shot?

Etrik