Re: Front mount replacement

At 06:08 PM 5/1/96 -0700, Jason Brunberg wrote:
>What the frig is the problem here folks?  I finally have the time to
>change up my stock front motor mount with a brand-spanking new
>Techtonics poly mount, and the mutherf#@*%g c*%$sucker is not going in.

Yeah, what is the problem, it took me 5 minutes.

>I was under the impression that it would be a simple matter of jacking
>the motor up a bit, removing the two bolts holding the mount's bracket,
>then lowering the motor just enuff to slide the bracket and old mount
>off.

Did you remove the 17mm or 19mm bolts that hold the bracket to the bottom
of the car that suspends the mount. I removed the entire bracket, cleaned
off the bolts and threads, then slipped the new mount in and put the
bracket back on below it.

>Well, the motor barely tilted down at all.  It was a bitch just
>trying to get the stock mount and bracket out.  After almost 3 hours of
>trying to torque the engine to allow the new poly mount + bracket, I

True the motor should barely move, a jack or something should always go
under it to be safe though. Damn, three hours, you could have probably done
a clutch job in that time(with alot of experience of course).

Good luck!
Paul Hanley